What is the difference between an interim and full car service?
A full car service is ideal for an annual maintenance programme for your car and recommended every 20,000 kilometres or 12 months – Whichever is sooner. Some manufacturers may recommend more frequent checks. Interim Servicing is ideal for vehicles used for short, mainly urban journeys or for those who wish to service vehicles doing very high mileage more regularly. An interim service every 10,000 kilometres or 6 months helps keep your car safe and road worthy between full services.
Contact us about Car Servicing
Quality car servicing at first stop
First Stop can now offer servicing according to the "Manufacturer's Recommended Servicing Schedule" which is tailored to your car's age, make, model and mileage. We offer Car Servicing for BMW, Hyundai, Volkswagen (VW), Ford, Skoda, Nissan, Toyota, Kia, Renault, Audi, Opel plus many more manufacturers. Our Car Servicing "Service Schedules" can be tailored in order to suit most cars whatever their age or annual mileage.
Servicing pro-actively maintains your car, reducing the risk of a breakdown. Regular servicing can help maintain your cars value.
Car Servicing and Maintaining your Manufacturer’s Warranty
Are you aware that when your vehicle needs servicing you do not need to return your vehicle back to the manufacturer dealer to maintain its warranty…
Vehicles must be serviced in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer service schedules.
Vehicle manufacturers have a duty to honour the vehicle’s warranty when it is serviced outside of the dealer network, and non-OE parts fitted onto a vehicle is an insufficient reason for the warranty to be declared invalid.
What are the different types of engine oil
Your vehicle’s engine requires the correct grade of oil in order to lubricate the internal parts and components. The grade of oil for your vehicle is determined by the vehicle manufacturer based on the size, type, general working conditions and operating temperature ranges of the engine. First Stop stocks and recommends quality oils to keep your engine well protected. We will be happy to advise you of the correct type of oil for your car.
Visit your nearest First Stop Shop for Professional advice click on the link below:
First Stop / Fast Fit Locations
- First Stop Ballyfermot - 01 2545210
- First Stop Bray - 01 2545235
- First Stop Coolmine - 01 2545256
- First Stop Coolock - 01 2545265
- First Stop Cork - 021 2349690
- First Stop Crumlin - 01 2545221
- Fast Fit Donnybrook - 01 2545225
- First Stop Drogheda - 041 9749874
- First Stop Dun Laoghaire - 01 2545230
- First Stop Galway - 091 448977
- First Stop Malahide - 01 2545260
- First Stop Malpas Street - 01 2545200
- First Stop Omni Park - 01 2545270
- First Stop Santry - 01 2545275
- First Stop Tallaght - 01 2545245
- First Stop Taney Road - 01 2545240
- Fast Fit Waterford - 051 858033
- Fast Fit Wexford - 053 9169819